Saturday, July 6, 2013

Personal Progress Perspectives

Hi there, I'm Tiger.

Hello!


I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter - Day Saints (also known as the Mormons). I just turned 12 and I am about to start personal progress* and the Young Women's program. The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences in Young Women and Personal Progress.

Additionally, since we have been encouraged to do Personal Progress with our Moms, my mom will also be posting on this blog about her experiences.

Me and my mom


That is why we have named the blog Personal Progress perspectives.

In my ward* every other girl in my class has left for young women, except me and one other girl. I got to go to girls camp a few weeks ago, and I had an awesome experience. I loved how the spirit felt during the testimony meeting. I didn't cry, but you don't have to cry to feel the spirit. I am excited for YW (Young Women's) because I can get out of primary and to learn more things to become a righteous Daughter of God. I am excited for Personal Progress because I can share my experiences online to others. I hope you like this blog. I hope it turns out pretty cool and hey, I'm being a missionary.

Also...to kick off this blog, we are hosting a give-a-way!!!


We will be giving away these value bracelets!

Two winners will receive a set of 8 beaded bracelets in the colors of the Young Women's Values. Not only are these bracelets cute, but they are useful. When you are working on a value experience that lasts several days, then wear the bracelet. This will help you to remember to think about this goal each day throughout the duration of the experience. For example, if you are working on the first value experience for faith, you will find the following instructions:
"Exercise your own faith by establishing a habit of prayer in your life. Begin by regularly saying your morning and evening prayers. After three weeks of following this pattern, discuss with a parent or leader what you have learned about faith and how daily personal prayer has strengthened your faith."
Through these three weeks, wear your white value bracelet to serve as a visual reminder to work on this value experience.

Of course, you can just wear these bracelets anytime you want, too. :)

To enter into this give-away, just comment on the blog, or "like" our Facebook page. The contest closes at 11:59PM on July 14th and two winners will be announced on July 15th 2013. Winners will be selected at random.

Thanks for stopping by today, and keep checking in often. We hope that many changes will happen as we get this site going. We will be posting often, and hope that this will be an inspiring and helpful place for anyone working on Personal Progress. ***
*Personal Progress is a program that helps young women come unto Christ.

*A Ward is a congregation.

10 comments:

  1. I have a beehive who is working on her PP and thi sounds like an awesome blog for her to check in on to help her stay motivated. Of course the bracelets are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest just started YW last month, she would love these to help her stay on track in Personal Progress! tdrowlee AT yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new blog! And work hard on your Personal Progress. My daughter is 15 and has set a goal to finish by the end of 2013. I am planning to finish with her. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to blog about your experiences! I should get my daughter's to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on starting Young Women and on starting this blog! By the way, the bracelets are really cute.

    On another note, I have a question for you. Do you have a system for remembering which color goes with which value? When I was in YW I could never remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oldest turns twelve next week. This will be fun to follow along with ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea!! AND I love the bracelet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an inspiration, Tanner! I'm one lucky person to know you and be apart of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. My oldest daughter doesn't turn 12 for another year and a half, but this blog will probably give me lots of ideas to help her. Oh and congrats on turning 12! :)

    ReplyDelete